- You are not required to answer the officer’s questions about your drinking pattern.
- You are not required to perform field sobriety tests.
- You are not required to blow into a field breath test, also known as a PAS device. (This is just another portion of field sobriety test).
- You are required to give a breath or blood for an evidentiary sample, usually done at the police station. If you refuse, the police will get a warrant.
- Blood is more reliable, but can take longer as the police will call for a phlebotomist.
- All the police questioning is designed to build a case on you, you have the absolute right NOT to incriminate yourself. Politely tell them you would like an attorney.
Doug Will Make Every Effort To Reach Your Goals